Subject: Re: Cross-Compiling Environments and Multiple Object Trees
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1996 01:29:03
Matthias,

> > IMHO, having a working crosscompiling-environment for NetBSD would
> > really be a benefit!
>
> I second that. My NetBSD-i386 system is much faster than my Amiga.

So wouldn't it be fine to generate amiga- and all sort of other binaries on
your PC?

(I for myself have the problem here taht i have /amiga running, but can't build
anything for the el-cheapo-PC i got for free and which refuses to run NetBSD.
And it's *no* fun compiling things on netbsd.warped.com and FTPing them with
the current network connection).

Furthermore, with working corsscompiliers, one could compile packages for
several platforms, so something like the Linsux-CD-distributions would be a bit
closer (if that's wanted at all, i know packages another hot iron :-)

Hubert

--
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2905