Subject: Re: /etc/init.d/* and /etc/rc*
To: None <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1996 12:17:19
Sorry to disappoint you, Bernd, but unless I'm SEVERELY mistaken,
current-users _is_ the appropriate forum.  It's an issue which
needs to be hashed out _sometime_, and the reason it keeps
coming back is because we haven't made up our minds just how
to deal with it.  And even when we do, there's no guarantee
it won't come back because someone new will undoubtedly come
along and say "Gee, why did you (not) do it this way instead of
this other way here?".

I suspect, though, that once an implementation is made (which
WORKS and doesn't look brain-dead), this discussion will return
far less often, and with significantly less fervor.

If you want this to go away, offer a suggestion, or just auto-
magically delete the thread.  Other than that...

				--*greywolf;
--
Solaris 2 is not an upgrade from Solaris 1.  They just want you to THINK it is.