Subject: Funny stair-casing of text in -current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <bsdealwi@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1996 08:57:37
I recently fetched a more recent version of tip, so that I could play
with it's hayes dialer. But I found that, after invoking an older rz/sz
through ~C, text starts stair-casing.  This doesn't happen if with my
older copy of tip.  I've checked and it's not a remote change in the
tty modes.

I also see identical stair-casing with GNU smalltalk 1.1.1 with the
readline library too.

Since I was running a recent kernel, but older libraries, I figured it
might somehow be cause by a mismatch. So, I moved to -current this
weekend by rebuilding from Sunday morning's tar_files.  I've got a new
kernel and new libraries, but a rebuilt tip and smalltalk still
stair-cases.

Any ideas?

(BTW: the include.tar.gz tar_file hasn't been updated since March 2nd,
and config.tar.gz hasn't been updated since the 23rd)
--
Brian de Alwis - Fourth Year CS student at the University of Waterloo
-- bsdealwis@uwaterloo.ca, bl489@torfree.net, bdealwis@sunsite.unc.edu --