Subject: Re: buslogic/adaptec conflicts
To: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/31/1996 12:28:39
> As Charles put it:
> > Just another reason that PCs suck...
> That comment, coming from the "Portmaster" of the i386, is reason
> enough to find another OS.

How odd.

That comment, and its implied understanding that not only are there better
architectural designs than the rubbish pile of the PC, but that an operating
system can be made to run correctly without depending on all the bugs and
stupidities of this bargain-basement ratbag of misdesigns, is PRECISELY why
I run NetBSD on my PC.  (Of course, I finally have a Sun-3, for which there
is no choice!)

I'd much rather have my OS cared for by someone who is familiar with good
computer design principles, than by someone who simply can't imagine anything
better than the PC, fer cryin' out loud.

That way lies Linux.  Or (shivver) Windows.