Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/1996 09:41:29
###From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
#  > I think we ended up with a lot of carnage last time we went through this.
#  "TOTAL CARNAGE!!!!"  8-)

"BIG money!  BIG prizes!  ...I LOVE IT!"

#  > Make it an option.  Enable it by default if you must, but there are those
#  > of us who would prefer to run it "the old way".  A run-time check would be
#  > the best way to go.

#  Seems to me that if the 'init.d' way is the default, and people want to run
#  the old way, that would most easily, and cleanly be supported by having
#  "S00runrc" as your only init file... 8-)

Point, although I still think the names are ugly, but as you pointed out,

#include <assert.h>
struct person *greywolf, *cgd;
assert(greywolf->p_aesthetics = cgd->p_aesthetics);

results in "panic: assertion botch" :-)

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft software is for people who can't handle UNIX.