Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: None <randy@zyzzyva.com>
From: Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear <greywolf@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/1996 08:19:26
   >  Or, as has been suggested previously, it might make a great deal of sense
   > to convert /etc/daily (and weekly, monthly, and rc) to an init.d-like
   > scheme.
   >

   >  cgd

   I have a project that is going to require that I implement this.

   Does anyone have code snippits that they would like to share?  I am sure I
   can dig up some ideas from past flame wars on the subject.

   I would like to head down a path that might ultimately be adopted by NetBSD.

Could we *please* make the init.d-like rc stuff run-time-optional as
was suggested by a few people?  I.e., if /etc/init.d or /etc/rc.d exists
(I vote for rc.d if anything at all), then run stuff in there.

And if we could make it so it doesn't use lexicographical filename
dependencies like "S00DOTHISFIRST" and "S00NODOTHISFIRST"...?

If we have to implement this, let's see if we can do it in a more elegant
-- or at least more aesthetically pleasing -- manner.

				--*greywolf;
--
Have A Nice Day [TM].
	(Have A Nice Day is a registered trademark of the State of California.)