Subject: Re: remote CVS access
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/29/1996 11:41:54
> Since I'm not a member of core, maybe I can be slighly more
> verbose. :-)

Maybe next time, you can also be correct.  Sorry, but i have ... very
little tolerance for people who go commenting on legal issuses,
without their facts straight.

> I believe the big stumbling block is that the NetBSD CVS trees must go
> back to the very first version of NetBSD, which covers before, during,
> and after 4.4BSD integration.  This means you can get the source for
> the "legally encumbered" files that were removed from 4.4 to make
> 4.4Lite, if you have CVS access to the tree, simply by checking them
> out.

"4.4BSD" was never integrated into the NetBSD source tree.  Neither
was any other "encumbered" (i.e. requiring a AT&T, WE, USL, Novell,
whatever, license to obtain) release.

cgd