Subject: own daemon creation, how to use tcpmux
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Carsten Hammer <chammer@phyd2hammer.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/28/1996 10:29:33
Hi,
I want to try out some distributed computing and therefore need
some information how to use tcpmux or how to create my own daemon.

There is a bit of information in the ipc tutorial but for my
limited knowledge it would be nice to get more.

I am a bit confused about if this tcpmux daemon is or is not in the
netbsd 1.1 inetd. I added the line in inetd.conf to make inetd know
of it (as explained in the ipc tutorial the second last page) but
it seems this isnt enough.

Then i want to have the missing part on the last page of the ipc
tutorial to learn how to make a matching client.
thanks for any hints,
even pointers to ftpservers for rfcs or other things are welcome,
ciao
Carsten