Subject: xterm ioctl's in -current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gary Timuss <gtimuss@sirius.UVic.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1996 18:55:00
I'm running XFree86 3.12 on NetBSD -current for i386.

Since about 960317, xterm's abort with the following error:

xterm: Error 23, errno 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device

If I return to my March 8 kernel, things work fine.  Tried compiling new
xterm from latest source, but same problem.  The only options I think could
have anything to do with this follow:

options         COMPAT_NOMID    # compatibility with 386BSD, BSDI, NetBSD 0.8,
options         COMPAT_09       # NetBSD 0.9,
options         COMPAT_10       # NetBSD 1.0,
options         COMPAT_11       # NetBSD 1.1,
#options                COMPAT_43       # and 4.3BSD
options         TCP_COMPAT_42   # TCP bug compatibility with 4.2BSD
#options        COMPAT_SVR4     # binary compatibility with SVR4
#options        COMPAT_IBCS2    # binary compatibility with SCO and ISC
options         COMPAT_LINUX

Now then, given that nobody else has been complaining here about this,
I wonder if anyone has pointers as to where to look for this type of
fault?

Gary

--
Gary.Timuss@engr.UVic.CA