Subject: Re: 2940 & netbsd-current
To: CHAN Yiu Wah <clarence@cs.cuhk.hk>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1996 10:22:08
>Hello,
>
>I recently brought a aha2940 and put it into my netbsd-current for
>testing.  I had the system hang for several times when I tried to make
>build with source of Mar 23, 1996 from ftp.netbsd.org.  My system
>configuration is :-

The version of the sequencer code in NetBSD-current is very old and has
three or four major bugs in it that would prevent me from recommending the
aic7xxx adapters for NetBSD until the latest FreeBSD driver is imported.
The problems you are seeing have already been addressed in the FreeBSD
driver.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations