Subject: Re: PCI device driver interface changes
To: <>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1996 01:14:05
> What this means to you:
>
> If you're a user of PCI bus devices (i.e. NetBSD/i386 user who uses
> one of the PCI devices that's actually treated as a PCI device by
> NetBSD 8-), and note any new problems with your drivers, please get in
> touch with me ASAP.  Please try to update your kernel to -current, and
> tell me about any problems you have.

I forgot to mention:

If drivers that you use use the backward-compatibilty interfaces,
you'll see messages like this:

aic7870.o: uses pci_map_io() compatibility interface
aic7870.o: uses pci_map_int() compatibility interface
if_ep.o: uses pci_map_io() compatibility interface
if_ep.o: uses pci_map_int() compatibility interface
if_le.o: uses pci_map_io() compatibility interface
if_le.o: uses pci_map_int() compatibility interface

when linking.

These are not errors, they are statements of fact.  Please don't get
all uptight about it and ask whether or not the resulting kernel will
work; those messages are completely normal.  8-)

chris