Subject: Re: another 1.1 to 1.1B (i386) upgrade report...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/1996 09:55:45
[ On Tue, March 26, 1996 at 01:20:32 (-0800), Greg Earle wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: another 1.1 to 1.1B (i386) upgrade report...
>
> I'm a bit puzzled by some of this.  I went to -current from 1.1 about 3 weeks
> ago and ran into different problems that I would have expected you would have
> also run into.
>
> To wit:
> (1) /usr/src/share/mk had to be "make install"ed first or else the man9
>     man pages installation would fail

Someone helpfully put "(cd ${.CURDIR}/share/mk && ${MAKE} install)" in
the top Makefile's "make build" rules.....

> (2) Many of the things in /usr/src/domestic were really unhappy until/unless
>     the -current versions of libtelnet.so, libcrypt.so etc. were already built
>     and installed

I think this was cleaned up somewhat just last week, or in any case it
was clean enough to compile and install.  I've run telnet, and telnetd
works, though beyond that I've done little testing.  I'm currently
trying to track down a bug that causes a 'panic trap type 6' when you
open a connection to the virtual or aliased interface of another host on
the same ethernet.

> I know there were a few others (having to build the new gcc 2.7.2 first, etc.)
> but I've forgotten them at the moment ...

Yes, I did that after the new libg++ failed to build....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods