Subject: amd: yp_order not supported by NIS+ servers
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 03/26/1996 18:55:01
Hi,

I've encountered a new problem with amd. I run a NetBSD/sparc machine
on a network where we are using NIS+ (with NIS compatible mode). amd
cannot work in this environment because it uses yp_order() which is not
supported by NIS+ servers in NIS compatibility mode.

>From the Solaris 2 ypclnt(3N) manpage:

         yp_order() returns the order number for  a  map.   This
          function  is not supported if the ypbind process on the
          client's system is bound to an NIS+ server  running  in
          "YP-compatibility mode".

While I admit that it's a Sun bug (and Sun admits it too, it's bug Id
1142666), has anyone found a workaround to this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

					Matthieu