Subject: Re: /etc/daily and /scratch
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/25/1996 19:51:00
According to Allen Briggs:

>I maintain that if I get a fresh system, create a new directory called
>/scratch and fill it with stuff,

Heh.... I usually call that /fish but that is me being weird :-)

>it should not be pruned "for me" by
>the system.  That's just plain rude.

I agree FWIW.

> I see no use in having that
>functionality in /etc/daily.

or weekly or monthly.....

>  If you want to not have to add it
>manually, make it a question during installation and have it conditional
>on some configuration option in /etc/something or some such.

I think a question during install would be good - explain what the
scripts do and what they will destroy AND give the user a choice of
when the scripts run since one persons bed time is another's work time...

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.