Subject: Re: New filesystem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/1996 14:06:33
>Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 13:21:15 +0100
>From: ws@kurt.tools.de (Wolfgang Solfrank)
>To: current-users@NetBSD.ORG, trevin@xmission.com
>Subject: Re: New filesystem
>
>> How much interest is there in a filesystem driver for Windows 95?  I know,
>> the msdos filesystem will work with it just fine, but I prefer long
filenames.

>???
>
>This has been in NetBSD since quite some time now (effectively since
immediately
>after the 1.1 release). Including support for the long filenames.

Silly me; I've spent so much time on this filesystem, I couldn't keep up to
date with -current sources since sometime December.  Oh well, at least it
was worth the experience.  (I still like my own coding style better!)

Now that I'm current as of March-something, any ideas why mount_msdos would
completely lock up my system when mounting a floppy disk?  Come to think of
it, the system also locked up when I had to shells operating on the same
directory at once; in the past when there was a deadlock, only the shells
stopped and I could still close X.

And why does the screen go blank during the /netbsd boot?
Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown