Subject: Re: mmap() bug when mapping files on ccd's?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Per Bojsen <pb@delta.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1996 14:01:21
*** Regarding mmap() bug when mapping files on ccd's?; Per Bojsen
*** <pb@delta.dk> adds:

Per> Is this a known problem?  Does anybody else see this?

I checked the PR database and found out this is a well-known problem:
it is reported in PRs kern/524, kern/786, kern/894, and kern/1309 at
least.  Kern/1265 mentions a similar problem.  I know think that the
ccd has nothing to do with the problem since I observed the problem on
nullfs filesystems (which incidentally happened to be mounted from FFS
filesystems on ccd partitions).  The first four PRs mentioned above
all relate the mmap() bug to nullfs.

I understand this bug is hard to fix :-(  Fortunately, I can avoid
using nullfs.

--
Per Bojsen                                   Email: pb@delta.dk
DELTA IC Design                                     bojsen@moria.home.id.dtu.dk