Subject: Re: Less than 100% satisfaction with this morning's sup
To: John F. Woods <jfw@funhouse.com>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1996 17:07:17
> Including the PAS driver in a 386 kernel causes a reset during boot.  (It may
> be interesting that both lpt0 and pas0 are configured for IRQ7; however, I
> tried building a kernel with irq7 not specified on the lpt0 line and it still
> failed.)
>
> More mysterious were what seemed to be excessive pauses while recompiling
> the kernel (as above) using this morning's sup.  I wouldn't *THINK* that
> audio.c and machdep.c should take a couple of minutes to compile, when
> the other files it recompiled (after config) went really quickly -- but they
> did.  I saw no messages from the aha driver about timeouts or any other
> obvious causes of such delays, though.

There's a lot of 'interesting' information missing here, including:

(1) what kind of hardware do you have in your machine?  I see you have
    an aha, a pas, and an lpt...
(2) when was your previous sup?
(3) what kernel did you experience the 'excessive pauses' with,
    i.e. what devices did _it_ have in it?

chris