Subject: Less than 100% satisfaction with this morning's sup
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@FunHouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1996 13:40:29
Including the PAS driver in a 386 kernel causes a reset during boot.  (It may
be interesting that both lpt0 and pas0 are configured for IRQ7; however, I
tried building a kernel with irq7 not specified on the lpt0 line and it still
failed.)

More mysterious were what seemed to be excessive pauses while recompiling
the kernel (as above) using this morning's sup.  I wouldn't *THINK* that
audio.c and machdep.c should take a couple of minutes to compile, when
the other files it recompiled (after config) went really quickly -- but they
did.  I saw no messages from the aha driver about timeouts or any other
obvious causes of such delays, though.