Subject: Re: panic: ptdi %x
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 03/17/1996 12:07:17
> > What is this:
> >
> > Mar 16 22:11:46 mui savecore: reboot after panic: ptdi %x
>
> Recompile your kernel with a larger value of NKPDE (defined in
> i386/include/param.h).

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I'm just building a new kernel with
NKPDE set to 32 like someone suggested (btw, it is defined in i386/sys/pmap.h).

Maybe we should write a list of constants like these and the panics caused
by values too low? ;-)  This isn't the first one that bit me.  Making these
constants dynamic would be the real solution, of course, but I think making
the changes is non-trivial and will take time.

  -jm