Subject: Re: mips ports (was: pica port - when SGI ???)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/1996 16:27:36
Hi,

> Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org> writes:
>
> > It seems it would be a good idea to start splitting the MI R* code out
> > and making a common pool for it, since two ports now use it...
[...]
> can begin looking at it. Has anyone else worked on this? Are other
> ports (e.g. 68k) doing this?

I don't think the m68k ports are doing this. Does anybody know why not?!
I see that someone on the MAcC port is trying to get FPU emulation working,
but his integration work will only work on his port, not on the others.
I think the port masters of all the m68k ports should get together and
work the parts out, that could be shared between the ports. After all, this
is the area where NetBSD has it's biggest potential.

  Guenther

P.S.: Yes, I know, that I should try to come up with a solution by myself,
but I think the port masters have to think and decide about this anyway
and I am currently missing the hardware to do this.