Subject: Re: How to translate this stdio code to netbsd?
To: Greg Hudson <ghudson@mit.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@UX2.SP.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/1996 22:31:18
> Actually, one of the worst examples here is MH, which roots around
> quite extensively in the stdio buffer.

Yeah, but at least it's got a cool comment that one can quote...  8-)

> I sort of suspect that the original poster was trying to port MH.  I
> wound up converting it to use the NetBSD stdio internals. :/

Actually, i doubt it, (1) because the guy later said what he was
trying to port, and (2) MH has been ported (by me, for one, though i
believe several others ported the relevant bit of code, as well) to
BSD (back in the 386BSD days), and compiles out of the box on NetBSD
using the bsd44.berkeley.edu config file.  (I personally compiled it
for NetBSD-current on January 20 of this year.  8-)

In fact, i pointed the original poster (i think; i pointed _somebody_)
at it to show them how to fix the problem (!)...

In particular, the relevant lines (from the MH source) are:

#define _ptr    _p              /* Gag */
#define _cnt    _r              /* Retch */
#define _filbuf __srget         /* Puke */

"and i think i'm going to take out my trash can now, it's filled with
vomit..."

chris