Subject: Re: YASQ
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/1996 13:33:16
>[...]
>In the past couple of days, I've started to get
>
>SUP: Unable to delete directory src/gnu/lib/libg++/genclass
>
>Is this simply because I am using "/usr/obj" and the aforementioned directory
>now contains a "obj" symlink to /usr/obj/gnu/lib/libg++/genclass which was
>not created by SUP?

I think it's like this:

SUP will only delete stuff that it created (it doesn't delete random file foo).
So if there are files in directory "foo", but SUP wants to delete it, it will
think the directory is empty (because it deleted all the files in that
directory that it knows about), so it will just call "rmdir("foo"), and fail.

Seems like the right things to do is just delete any files in that directory
that are leftover.

--Ken