Subject: Re: Just for variety...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1996 12:35:03
>I rebuilt using the nfs v3 stuff.  I rebooted.
>I forgot about the Sun 3/80 building X11R6 on an NFS exported drive.
>Nothing went wrong.
>
>The sun did not time out before the FS was back.  Nothing has broken.  It
>is continuing to merrily build, blissfully unaware that the earth has shaken
>beneath its feet.
>Congratulations to all involved in the NFS integration; it was smooth enough
>to handle a stupid user error.

Of course, that is except for the fact that every shared library now
has a built-in version of ``nethack'' that will run every time you try
to execute a command. :-)

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...