Subject: Re: Routed, anyone?
To: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
From: Neil J. McRae <neil@domino.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1996 18:45:28
On Sun, 10 Mar 1996 18:15:50 +0000
 "Neil J. McRae" <neil@domino.org> wrote:

> It depends, I don't see the problem in it, but I don't know how your ISP
> is set up. But basically your ISP should advertise a route to the world for
> your network all the time. The "core" router should then add a route
> to which ever pop you login to when you login in...

And of course remove the route once you have logged out.

Otherwise you get this type of ickness:

10  router (x.x.x.x) 78.12 ms  70.308 ms  117.18 ms
11  pop (x,x,x,x)  101.556 ms  62.496 ms  62.496 ms
12  router (x.x.x.x)  blah ms  blah ms  blah ms
13  pop (x,x,x,x)  blah ms  blah ms  blah ms

and so on...

Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae                                 DNS: Domino Network Services
neil@domino.org         NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)