Subject: Re: man pages & style guide
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1996 03:08:33
On Mar 8, 10:07am, Peter Seebach wrote:
} Would anyone like to offer an example of a machine that:
} 1.  Can physically run NetBSD in principle.
} 2.  Does not have an ANSI compiler.
} 3.  Cannot build gcc.

In my shop, we've got at least 4 brands of machine that are running
System VR3 which includes the "stock" AT&T K&R compiler, which is
*definitely* not ANSI.  I've only gotten gcc to compile on one of
those, a Unisys 6000 that is close enough to SCO to run SCO binaries.
The Unisys 5000 as well as the 480 and 640 do not have gcc.

Not to mention the SCO box we have that doesn't come with any complier :-)
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"