Subject: Re: Routed, anyone?
To: NetBSD Current <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/1996 10:59:15
    Hi Julian,

you wrote in <313EB4DD.7243@mailbox.co.uk>:
> And I want to advertise the routes, because I don't want to have to get
> the root password of my ISP's router, telnet in, and add a static route
> there.

Your ISP should improve it's routing handling. I administrate an IP dial in
server and none of my users with multiple IP adresses has to use "routed"(*)
or something horrible like that. The PPP or SLIP login scripts automatically
create a network route if necessary.

(*) At our university I see quite frequently what a single Novell *shrugh*
    multi protocoll router can do to a large network using "routed".

--
Matthias Scheler
tron@lyssa.owl.de