Subject: Re: panic in nfs code ?
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/1996 11:09:26
>anyone else seen this ?  frank ?  any ideas...

I've not had a panic, but here's one for the bug list.

Last night, I was editing some images, using xv, and would save and
load a lot of tiff's and save them as gif's.

At one point I had about 3 graff2.gif's in my directory.  This was
strange.  When I deleted one of them, all three went away.  When I
saved something under that name again, all three came back.

In this case, the client was running an NFS3 capable kernel and the
server is somewhat older, around Feb 10th.

I'm going to recompile /usr/src and build a new kernel for the client
today.  If I can reproduce this error, I'll try to find out what's
going on and such.  If not, I'll just upgrade the server, too, since
I'd like to play with NFS3.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!