Subject: Status of kerberos?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/1996 10:03:46
Hi all,

I just tried to do a make build with "KERBEROS=yes" in my bsd.own.mk, and
I've been having lots of problems (this is with a 24 Feb 96 SUP). A bunch
of the libraries (especially libss) in the domestic tree don't build
because their include paths are wrong; the same thing happens with the
binaries. There's also a prototype mismatch for the second argument of
stv_long in libkrb: the header has u_int32_t while the function has
u_long.

Once I hacked changes to let the kerberos libraries compile, I found that
I couldn't build mount_nfs because the kerberos types are never defined
anywhere apparently. Also, the #define KERBEROS in rlogin is commented
out of the makefile.

Are these problems happening because the kerberos support is
incomplete/not ready? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Is there a FAQ on how to set up kerberos under NetBSD-1.1A?

Thanks,

Aaron

--
Aaron B. Brown