Subject: Re: Status of nsswitch code?
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@telstra.com.au>
From: Peter Svensson <petersv@df.lth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/1996 11:06:06
On Sun, 25 Feb 1996, Luke Mewburn wrote:

> > Since we are switching from NIS to NIS+ as our password distribution
> > system I have been meaning to port an existing NIS+ implementation to
> > NetBSD. Or does such an implementation already exist for NetBSD?
>
> As far as I know, there isn't a freely available NIS+ implementation
> at all. If there is, please point it out and I'll massage the
> functions into the various libc code (with my nsswitch code it's
> fairly easy to add extra 'databases' (e.g, NIS+), and since I've
> already got provision for NIS+ it's even easier - just provide the
> functions).

There is one for Linux. I don't know how complete it is, but it is a
starting point. The package is called NYS for Nis+, Yp and switch code,
i.e. it does about the same as the nsswitch code for netbsd. All the nis+
functions are in a separate directory. It is available from
ftp.lysator.liu.se:/pub/NYS.

Peter