Subject: Re: Please read this. (Re: SUP and FTP errors)
To: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/1996 13:47:14
I didn't mean to sound too harsh... sorry if I did.

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, Julian Bean wrote:

> Here is the traceroute from my PPP-dialup machine and sup.netbsd.org.  Does
> anyone know or remember the offending machine - because I may well be able
> to get my ISP to clout them until they make it work?

I am told that the problem is with an AGIS router, or more specifically
the firmware in the NetEdge FDDI card in their router.  It's been months
since NetEdge has been alerted to this problem, and I'm not aware of any
progress.

You can probably get more details from billc@warped.com, who has been
working to resolve the problem (it's at least as embarrassing for him as
the NetBSD core group, because one of his machines is the NetBSD ftp/sup
server).

--scott