Subject: Re: Cheap CD-ROM
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/1996 22:14:40
In message <199602200723.XAA00581@MindBender.HeadCandy.com>,
	"Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" writes:
>Here's a tip if you're looking for a good, cheap CD-ROM.  I just
>bought one off Insight's web page (www.insight.com), in their Blowout
>section, in the Blue Plate Specials: Sony double-speed SCSI CD-ROM,
>$59.  It's not super-fast, but it's CHEAP!  It works fine with my
>BusLogic BT747s, with three other fast SCSI-2 drives on the chain.  It
>doesn't look like it has any way to run sideways without the CD
>flopping over, so you'll have to take that into consideration if you
>can't mount it level.

I picked up one of these as well.  Fine drive, works great with my
NCR SCSI controller and ZIP drive...  Recommended.

>If you buy one, please mention my name. :-)  Maybe I'll get a medal or
>something...

Hey!

--
Jason Downs
downsj@teeny.org  --> teeny.org: Free Software for a Free Internet <--

"Take away the right to say 'fuck' and you take away the right to say 'fuck
 the government.'"		-- Lenny Bruce (1923-1966)