Subject: Re: binary editor...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Allen <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/1996 08:40:59
On Feb 19,  8:16am, David Jones wrote:
>> Do we have a binary editor more sophisticated than clever 'od' tricks?
>> I've been writing one, because I've never found a unix based hex editor
>> I really liked, and I'm wondering if there'd be any intrest.
>
>I've seen "bed", but I guess that can be classified as a clever od trick.
>(It creates a hex dump of a file, drops you in vi or other editor, and
>converts back when you exit)
>
>If you wrote a dedicated hex editor, I'd want to see it work like vi.

I grabbed several out of the comp.sources archives -- bed, hexpert and
zap.  Of those, I like hexpert best.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com
"Dang, I know I left it here somewhere!" "What?" "My mind. I've lost my mind!"

Hark ye, Clinker, you are a most notorious offender.  You stand
convicted of sickness, hunger, wretchedness, and want.
		-- Tobias Smollet