Subject: Re: binary editor...
To: Mark Garrett <mark@nonull.sno.dec.com>
From: Scott Telford <st@epcc.ed.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/1996 16:41:02
> 	emacs will do the job. I would think though that a general editor
> esp one that allowed changing between display and input modes for hex and
> decimal could be useful esp if it is a little simpler and thiner that emacs.

There's one called BEAV, based on an old version of MicroEMACS which
will display files in ASCII, decimal, hex, octal, EBCDIC and variations
on these. It's a bit old and crufty but it does the job. You can find it
in some Linux source archives, or in a comp.sources.misc archive (vol
26). The version I have is 1.32.

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.(+44 131 650 5978)