Subject: Re: binary editor...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, seebs@solon.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/1996 16:24:12
Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com> wrote:
> Do we have a binary editor more sophisticated than clever 'od' tricks?
> I've been writing one, because I've never found a unix based hex editor
> I really liked, and I'm wondering if there'd be any intrest.
>
> If so, please let me know what features you'd like to see.

There is beav - binary editor and viewer. I use the Amiga port sometimes
but it is too EMACSy for my tastes. Bedides that fatal flaw, it is
quite good. It displays the file in various formats if you like, to
mention one thing.

VIm -Vi Improved, has a binary mode, more or less, which guarantees that
it does not spoil the file anymore than you do yourself. I also use this
sometimes.

> -s
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ There are no lemurs in this post    rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl