Subject: Re: NFS v3 changes and compat code
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/1996 11:07:28
Quoting Jonathan Stone,

> There doesn't seem to be an nfsv2fh_t anymore, and the NFS v3 changes
> don't seem to have updated the vendor-compatible mount calls.

> What should the compat/ultrix/ultrix_fs.c (and
> compat/sunos/sunos_misc.c, , unless I have an out-of-date compat tree)
> be using instead of an nfsv2fh_t?  Currently the ultrix code, at
> least, doesn't even compile; and I'd guess that the ibcs2/ibcs2_misc.c
> and osf1/osf1_mount.c code don't compile, either.

The NFS file handle is a variable-length byte array (32-64) for nfs v3.
Ultrix emulation does v2, so you need to pass the native NetBSD mount
call the v2 filehandle you got from the Ultrix syscall, and set the
length (fhsize) to  NFSX_V2FH. The latter is defined in nfs/nfsproto.h.

The emulations slipped my mind.. Sorry about that.

- Frank