Subject: Re: mail - does anyone use this?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/1996 09:27:45
> Am I the only person who actually uses mail by preference over
> elm/pine/et al.?

No.  I too have mail as my UA of choice.

> I'd like to see about 3 new features in mail, but I'm not sure if
> they'd break anything.  They would be:

> 1.  Fix the delete message count bug.  (read message two.  Delete it.
>     hit return, and get message four.)

I don't think this is a bug.  Read message three, hit return, and get
message four.  (When you delete message two, the current message
changes to message three.)

The only time - the _only_ time - when hitting return gets you the
current message instead of the next message is immediately after
starting up mail (and even then possibly only when there are new
messages to be read).

> 2.  Add a | command, and |'s in save filenames - "| cmd", "s 1 |cmd",
>     and "1,5 |cmd" should all work, IMHO.

Could be nice, but it's not something I've missed.

> 3.  Add "set signature=/file/name".

What good is this without some feature that uses the value of
signature?  Personally, I just "~r .sig" (or if, as is not often the
case, I'm not in ~, "~r ~/.sig").

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu