Subject: Re: procedure to setup pppd on netbsd-current ???
To: CHAN Yiu Wah <clarence@cs.cuhk.hk>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/1996 17:09:44
> I am going to setup a pppd for my users and I don't how to start even
> though I read the man pppd.  Is ther anyone who setup the ppd successful
> to share your setup procedure of pppd with me.  Thanks.

1. Create directory /etc/ppp if it doesn't exist.

2. Create file /etc/ppp/options.. something like this:

# General options for all PPP lines
crtscts netmask 255.255.255.0 silent proxyarp

3. Create one file /etc/ppp/options.ttyname per modem line (assuming that
   you have connected the modems to the serial ports of your machine),
   this file is for tty01 and is called /etc/ppp/options.tty01:

# PPP options for line tty01
you.machine.hk:PPP.address

(for example: cs.cuhk.hk:ppp1.cuhk.hk - both names have to be known to the
name server)

4. Log in via serial port and run pppd (it will read the config files and
   tell the remote machine its IP address).

Hope this helps,

  -jm