Subject: FW: ppp, named, DNS solved
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1996 20:19:21
>Date: Fri, 09 Feb 1996 17:27:43 -0700
>To: current-users@NetBSD.ORG
>From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
>Subject: ppp, named, DNS
>

>I've tried setting up named, which was my best guess for a program to
access a DNS server.  But I've had no luck, and I can't even make heads or
tails of the named.boot file even though I've stared at the named man page
and the existing /etc/namedb/* files for hours.

>(BTW: named seems to expect its boot file to be /etc/named.boot, even
though it's installed in /etc/namedb/named.boot)

>Can anybody tell me how to set this up so that NetBSD knows to look for
XMission's DNS for undefined names?

Many thanks to everybody who replied so quickly; /etc/resolv.conf was the
correct answer.  I never would have guessed it with the apropos command!
Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown