Subject: Re: [comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc] Re: WaveLan driver for FreeBSD?
To: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1996 12:26:13
Writing about WaveLan cards:

>Any takers on pulling this into NetBSD?  (Having the hardware would
>certainly help :)

>I'ld recommend somebody who had already done some kernel hacking to do the
>job.  It isn't that it hard, but the conventions are different from user-level
>programming and it takes a while to get used to.

I do happen to have one of these cards around.  However, it is in use
(that's how flame.org is on the net!)

Also, we're using KarlBridge boxes, which have something they call
CellWave.  I have noticed a huge performance hit when using plain old
WaveLan mode, and I don't think the specs on CellWave are public.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!