Subject: Re: Memory leak?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1996 10:31:20
> > FreeBSD has a solution to the VM system problem. But they don't have
> > a "perfect" solution, so there is no big movement to move their code
> > over to here.
>
>What do you consider a "big movement"?  10 people quitting their day
>jobs, giving up being with their family/friends/SOs in their spare time?

WOW, would you really do this? That would get things going in a hurry.
Could those of us who don't do anything but gripe send a pizza to your car
(You would have to move out of your house, right) once in a while? Just
post your license number and what toppings you like to the list, and get to
work. ;-)

>Someone is working on porting FreeBSD's VM.  but, again, he's a volunteer
>who doesn it in his spare time, and isn't making a lot of noise about it.
>
>Overall, I think statements like these only really serve to make people
>defensive.  I know how hard I work on NetBSD, and I know how hard others
>work, too.  I'm not trying to downplay your concerns or frustrations, but
>please understand that statements like "nothing happens" and "no big
>movement" and "core doesn't want problems solved" can be really
>frustating at times ... sometimes more than a slightly broken VM subsystem.

As one of those who can't contribute directly, but don't have the time it
takes to complain, Your efforts _are_ appreciated by most users.

Thank you.

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                                (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                                 bsalai@servtech.com
Two State Street
Rochester, NY 14614