Subject: Re: ccd confidence?
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@mars.pci.on.ca>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1996 16:01:14
David Gilbert writes:

> 	I would like to know how confident you all are in the ccd
> device.  Would you, for instance, use it as /u or even /usr?  Would
> you only use it for /var/news or a well backed-up /usr/src?

> 	I'm just considering my complex device configuration, and
> would like to use it, but as /u.  Before I do, though... I'd like to
> see a cautious vote of confidence.

Well, netbsd.rmit.edu.au (an Australian mirror site of ftp.netbsd.org)
has been running ccd across two DEC RZ57 1GB disks. The machine has
been reliable since installing NetBSD 1.1 last december.

I'd say that it's fairly stable. As long as you do backups (you do
backup /u don't you? :) it shouldn't be a problem anyway...