Subject: Re: zip drive problem
To: Don Lewis <gdonl@gv.ssi1.com>
From: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.bevc.blacksburg.va.us>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1996 01:01:32
> }  * So, you're going to stand up in front of 12 people chosen from the population
> }  * at large and inform them that "million" means 1,048,576 instead of 1,000,000?
>
> I can hardly wait for SIMM makers to start advertising 4Mx9 SIMMs holding
> 4.7 MB.

I'm not sure this isn't already done.  My machine at work runs through
it's power-on memory check and tell me my 16M are 16,000k.  What happend
to the other 384K?

This also reminds of a catalog I've received.  In a box with a background
color different than the rest of the page, it lists an NEC Versa V laptop
computer with 4M standard and 20M max.  In the same box it lists memory
upgrades for it in the 4M, 8M, 16M and 32M sizes.  (This was a CDW catalog.)

It's really no wonder why computers confuse so many people.

jf
--
John Franklin
jfrankli@bev.net