Subject: virtual memory exhausted !!!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: CHAN Yiu Wah <clarence@cs.cuhk.hk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1996 07:41:30
Hello,

I recently compile a software packages called dicom (medical image
processing software).  My system told me that the virtual memory
exhausted (16M real memory). Then I added another 16M (total 32M) and
tried again. The same error (virtual memory exhausted) appeared.  As I
know, 32M real memory is enough to cmpile the dicom packages (It stated
in the installation note only 24M is ok). My system configuration is as
followings: -

  1. P5-75
  2. 32M real memory
  3. 128M swap space
  4. IDE drives

Questions.
  1. Is there any procedures for increasing the memeory so that the
additonal memeory be recognised.

Is there anyone having the same problem before ? Please share with me.
Thanks

cheers,

clarence CHAN
clarence@cs.cuhk.hk