Subject: Re: Memory leak?
To: Scott L. Burson <gyro@zeta-soft.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/1996 10:21:15
Scott Someone:

> SunOS 4 may well have the same bug.  I just added up the process sizes from
> `ps' on my machine and got 97224k, but `pstat -s' reports 137612k used.  I've
> seen such discrepancies many times before, and have long wondered what caused
> them.

I'm running SunOS 4.1.3 on three Sparcs.  One has uptime of 148 days and
swap usage is only 8 megs (16 MB RAM).  On the other hand, on a NetBSD
machine the swap usage tends to grow to 10 MB and more within a week from
reboot under similar usage.  I guess one solution is to buy a 4-gig swap
disk..... ;)

  -jm