Subject: Re: FYI -- Linux for PowerMac (fwd)
To: None <windsor@Synopsys.COM>
From: Matt Ragan <matt@ibmoto.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1996 22:06:12
Rob Windsor wrote:

>Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It's actually not too surprising, considering that it's already been ported,
or at least mostly ported - I try not to keep track of it too closely, to
the MCG PowerPC platform.  It's not a tremendous leap for them to get it
onto the Mac.

I'd personally like to see NetBSD get onto a CHRP-compliant system.  I'm
not a fan of MacOS, AIX, NT, Solaris, or Linux, and I'd like to get a
real OS on one of the boxes we're putting our chips in.  If anyone is
willing to seriously commit to getting NetBSD ported to a (non-Mac) PowerPC
system, I'd be willing to try to get some resources coughed up for the
project.  I don't know what, if anything, I'll be able to do, but I'll
make my best effort.

Matt Ragan  (matt@ibmoto.com)  Motorola/IBM Somerset PowerPC Design Center
Network Administrator          Systems/Network Engineering  (512) 795-7298
9737 Great Hills Trail         Austin, Tx  78759        FAX (512) 795-7519