Subject: Re: Memory leak?
To: None <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Scott L. Burson <gyro@zeta-soft.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1996 19:56:26
   Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 07:36:33 -0500
   From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>

   > I can't even tell any 'outsider' about the VM problem because that
   > would make them think NetBSD is completely useless for professional
   > users.

   Heh.  No worse than the vendor binary-only OS on my home machine, which
   is a Mach derivative and - AFAICT - suffers from the same bug.  It's
   just less obvious because it's harder to definitely identify without
   kernel source :-)

SunOS 4 may well have the same bug.  I just added up the process sizes from
`ps' on my machine and got 97224k, but `pstat -s' reports 137612k used.  I've
seen such discrepancies many times before, and have long wondered what caused
them.

-- Scott