Subject: Re: "ubluit" - is there *any* point to this?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1996 19:53:30
>> 	$ mail
>> 	No mail for ubluit

> It's a pretty lame error message.  IMO, mail should abort with an
> appropriate message rather than carying on with user name "ubluit".

Especially since for all it knows there _is_ a user named ubluit...in
which case I suspect _that_ user's mail would have been read, thus (a)
exposing someone's mail to someone else, and (b) doing so without
notifying either person that it's being done.  And probably thereby
confusing the mail-reading person dreadfully, suddenly seeing an
unfamiliar mailbox with no indication of why.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu