Subject: Re: tmp in mfs and swap
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/1996 06:57:32
> I find myself constantly re-editing the contents of share/mk to
> customize such things (these changes get blown away by my "make
> build"s) [...]

I'll be glad to give you - or anyone else, for that matter - the
scripts I use to maintain my private patch tree.  They make it really
easy to get a fresh source tree, "apply-patches /usr/src" (and watch to
make sure the patches all apply cleanly - when one of my PRs gets
closed, for example, I often have to hand-handle the patch in question)
and only then "make build".  (I've also got a regen-patches script,
which rebuilds the patch tree by diffing stuff from two source trees,
assuming I remembered to tell it about all the files that I touched and
thus need to go into the patch tree.)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu