Subject: "Signal 11".
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/1996 18:12:25
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com> writes:

Peter> I have a package (Boehm's GC-malloc) which has trouble running
Peter> on NetBSD - in particular, it gets killed with "signal 11" when
Peter> built with optimization.  It has just installed a handler for
Peter> sigsegv; since it works fine without optimization, I can only
Peter> assume we're at fault.  It used to work.

Peter> This is -current as of about Jan 20, gcc-2.7.2.

	Not that I know a lot about such things, but when building
'bash' for NetBSD-sparc, Gnu's malloc turned out to be broken by using
the wrong allignment.  I think that it's due to doubles requiring
double alignment on the sparc and the fact that all gnu malloc()'d
blocks were only 4 byte aligned.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |