Subject: Re: Memory leak?
To: Alec H. Peterson <chuckie@panix.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/1996 14:21:18
On Sun, 4 Feb 1996 13:01:03 -0500 (EST)
 "Alec H. Peterson" <chuckie@panix.com> wrote:

 > I (and many others) have noticed a rather substantial memory leak in
 > NetBSD 1.1 (and earlier releases).  Has anybody been looking into this
 > lately?

Before anyone can even begin to address your problem, there are a couple
of pretty important pieces if information that need to be filled in:

	- Which platform?  (It can make a difference.)
	- What kind of system activity is going when you notice the
	  most lossage?
	- Have you tried to narrow down the source?

Simply saying that there is a "memory leak" is so broad, that it's nearly
impossible to track down the cause.  There are *a lot* of functions in
the kernel...